This is the list of Bingley Camera Club Monday night meetings for the 2021/22 season. If you are a club member, there is a calendar page with all of the events, get togethers and other photography related events. To go to the Calendar click here
For some of our external speakers, if you click on their name it will open a new window taking you to their website or social media.
- Open Evening. - Find out about the club, meet our members and see some of the images from club members taken during the last season.
- Tracey Lund - Wildlife Photography
- Award winning photographer Tracey Lund showcases a selection of images from her travels.
- Lisa Holmes - From Commercial to Community
- Lisa documents the lives of people and is owner of Keighley Photo Hub, a community venture to provide photography facilities and workshops for the local community
- Marilyn Roberts - A guide to Photographic Competitions and Distinctions
- Yorkshire Photographic Union President, Marilyn gives a guide to the competitions and awards
available for club photographers, and shares images from her own collection.
- Peter Milsom - Power of Sport
- Peter took up photography seriously in 2006 following 18 years of competitive athletics and coaching. Peter is on personal terms with many of the athletes, and provides photographs to help them improve their technique. His aim is to capture those special moments during the highs and lows of sport and the efforts and emotions shown in achieving a world class performance. He is often granted media accreditation to major events which allow him to capture images of world class athletes from the best vantage points.
- Nine by Nine by Nine - 9 club members each present 9 of their images in 9 minutes. We are particularly keen for newer members to show some of their work.
- Club summer Project Part 1 - Teams of club members show photographs from their '5 go photographing' summer project.
25 - Digital Images final deadline - Running Competition Round 1: Old & New/Ancient and Modern.
- Club Summer Project Part 2 - Teams of club members show photographs from their '5 go photographing' summer project
- Running Competition Round 1 - Old & New/Ancient and Modern - Photographs from Club members on the first running competition theme.
- Tony May - Product Photography & Lighting
- Professional commercial and advertising photographer Tony shares his insights into product photography
- Nine by Nine by Nine OR mix & match with Bradford CC and Pudsey CC - 9 club members each present 9 of their images in 9 minutes. OR Mix and Match - a fun competition between Bingley, Pudsey and Bradford Camera Clubs
- Chris Ceaser - Composition with Landscape Photography
- Chris will take a look at various composition techniques that can be utilised to ensure a balanced result to the finished photograph. Lots of Chris’s images accompany this popular talk.
29 - Running Competition Digital Images final deadline, Round 2: Water.
- Nigel Forster - Architecture
- Nigel shares his unique and stunning approach to architecture photography. Note this evening is Zoom only
- Running Competition Round 2 - Water - Photographs from Club members on the second running competition theme.
- Image Battle vs Bradford Photographic Society - Bingley Camera Club hosts the annual image battle vs Bradford Photographic Society of club members' images.
20 - Digital Images final deadline, Running Competition Round 3: Night Time/After Dark.
- No meeting- Christmas
- No Meeting – New Year
- Chris Upton - The Art of Travel Photography
- Chris shares his passion of photography with his imagery from around the world and closer to home.
- Running Competition Round 3 - Night Time/After Dark - Photographs from Club members on the third and final running competition theme.
- Gavin Prest - Portraits
- Gavin will share insights into his seductive, provocative and alluring portrait work.
- Glenys Garnett - Creative Images
- Glenys uses a variety of in camera techniques to make her stunning images, and she shares her advice and practical tips as well as her own images.
31 - Digital Images final deadline Annual Projected Image Competition.
- Ruxx Naqvi - Life on the Street
- Ruxx is a local photographer and creator of #Iwalkedthisstreet who will show street and urban photography from Bradford and beyond
- Annual Projected Image Competition - Images from Club members, with an external judge providing critique and feedback
- Matthew Cattell - Outdoors Photography
- Award winning outdoor photographer, Matthew shares his images and passion for promoting the natural world
- Michael Revill - Concrete - Club member Michael shows pictures from his architectural-inspired travels
- Charlotte Graham
- Professional press photographer, Charlotte tells us about her journey and recent work.
Note this talk is likely to include adult content.
07 - Mounted Prints final deadline Annual Monochrome Print Competition.
- Clare Smallwood - The Eyes Have it - Club member Clare, presents her photographic journey to date.
- Annual Monochrome print Competition - Prints from Club members, with an external judge providing critique and feedback.
- President’s Challenge - Anything can happen - the challenge will be set to club members during the season.
- Chris Duffy, Nigel Lumb and Nick Hirst - Adventures before dementia - Three club members present their photographic journeys to the Dales over the seasons.
- Mix & Match with Bradford CC and Pudsey CC - A fun competition between Bingley, Pudsey and Bradford Camera Clubs.
11 - Mounted Prints final deadline - Annual Colour Print Competition.
- No Meeting Easter
- Annual Colour Print Competition - Prints from Club members, with an external judge providing critique and feedback.
02 - No Meeting Bank Holiday
- Mark Dolby - Storytelling in Photography (TBC)
- Local commercial photographer, Mark Dolby with his take on photography for clients and a local project 'Pass the Portrait'.
- Annual General Meeting and Presentation Evening - Awards to club members for our annual competitions and our annual business meeting and review of the year.
- Annual Dinner at Sharma Bingley
Bingley Camera Club Practical Nights 2021-22
As well as our regular Monday club evenings, we have a programme of practical nights, some indicated with * are particularly aimed at new members.
Wednesday September 22nd 7.00pm
– meet up for evening photography. Buttercross, Bingley (*)
Wednesday October 13th 7.00pm
– Competitions: basic digital editing: resizing images, exporting jpgs and sending images to others. Zoom (*)
Wednesday November 9th 7.00pm
- Competitions: preparing prints and mounting for print entries into competitions. Zoom (*)
Wednesday December 8th 6.30pm
– meet up for night-time street photography. City Park Bradford(*)
Wednesday February 9th 2022 7.00pm
– Getting more out of your images – digital editing introducatory evening. Zoom (*)
Saturday March 26th 2022 (date and time to be confirmed)
– Studio photography -a practical day. Note members will have to pay an additional fee to cover the cost of room hire and models.
Saturday July 2nd 2022 – Big Day Out
. Take a train to Morecambe with the club, or meet us there. Note members will have to make their own arrangements for travel, we will suggest times and meet-up points nearer the time.
We also encourage members to organise their own photographic get-togethers – the club secretary can circulate details to all members by email (not everyone uses the Facebook or WhatsApp groups) or they can be added by committee members to the calendar
External Competitions where the club coordinates entries for club members
Photographic Alliance of Great Britain. Digital Images and Prints. Internal deadline for club 20-12-2021
Yorkshire Photographic Union. Digital Images and prints. Internal Deadline for club 24-01-2022